Welcome to our 2018 Ice Show,
"Night in the Museum"!
Rehearsals are getting underway, starting March 12th.
BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR REHEARSAL TIMES CAREFULLY!
Schedules are posted in the arena lobby, AND HERE:
**There is a different schedule for Saturday April 7th -
check to be sure you'll be there at the right time!**
ALL SKATERS: download and print this document: ICE SHOW 2018 Rehearsal Info.pdf
BE SURE TO READ IT CAREFULLY, AND POST IT IN YOUR HOME: YOU WLL NEED IT!
Questions? This page may have some answers for you: ICE SHOW FAQs 2018.pdf
- Production Week & Dress Rehearsals
- Regular skating sessions
- A few rules
- Special Info for PreCan & CanSkaters
- When in the show do I skate?
Winter session skating ends on Saturday, March 10th. From Monday March 12 until Sunday April 15th, we are focused on "Night in the Museum"! Here is the information you need to know about rehearsing.
- Full rehearsal schedule has been posted in the Ice Show bulletin board in the lobby.
- Every week, each court will have two(2) practices. They will be scheduled on different days.
- Each rehearsal is 30 minutes long -- EXCEPT for the Father/Daughter-Mother/Son; they will practice one hour, once per week.
- Yes, there are rehearsals during March break!
1) MONDAY APRIL 9 AND TUESDAY APRIL 10 - PRODUCTION REHEARSALS (No costumes) - WE START AT 5PM SHARP
Production and dress rehearsals are a run through of the show in sequence with staging, props, lighting music and final touches to choreography.
Please be patient – these may be long rehearsals, as our technical crew learns the show and we smooth out any “kinks.”
Parents may sit in the stands or lobby during production rehearsals
(Monday and Tuesday ONLY), but not backstage with skaters.
- Monday, April 9 – PJ Day. Yes, everyone will skate in pyjamas! Wear something warm underneath.
- Tuesday, April 10 – Tacky Tuesday. Wear colourful and fun “tacky” outfits that still allow the kids to move easily and skate their best.
- Between on-ice rehearsal times, skaters sit backstage in the stands (supervised by adult volunteers). Skaters should dress warmly! It can be cold.
- Sweat pants, sweaters and jackets are warmer than skating dresses and tights. Blankets to wrap up in are a great idea.
- Bring homework, books or small activities. PLEASE, NO MARKERS for colouring.
- We are not responsible for personal belongings. LABEL EVERYTHING, and consider leaving electronics at home.
Skaters who are in the FIRST HALF ONLY must be picked up from the court supervisors when their production rehearsal is over (approximately 7:30 pm).
They may not stay to watch the second half.
Skaters who are in BOTH HALVES OF THE SHOW should finish at approximately 9:45 (Opening line and opening solo rehearse with the second half).
Note that these are not exact times – it is difficult to be specific, so please be patient and flexible.
2) WEDNESDAY APRIL 11 AND THURSDAY APRIL 12 - DRESS REHEARSALS (In costume) - WE START AT 6PM SHARP
- Dress rehearsals are a complete run-through of the show in full costume, hair, makeup and lighting.
- PHOTOGRAPHY: a professional photographer will be at the THURSDAY DRESS REHEARSAL; this is the ONLY day professional photos will be taken. Unfortunately there will be no opportunities for re-scheduling or re-takes. There is no fee for these photos; they are included in your show registration.
- Skaters must arrive at 5:30 with hair and makeup done. Dress rehearsals START at 6:00
- Skaters must check in when they arrive; parents are not able to stay with skaters on this days (it's run exactly like a performance!)
- Only registered volunteers may stay and watch. Spectators are NOT permitted in the lobby or the stands.
- Skaters are supervised by volunteers until they are picked up.
- REFER TO YOUR INFORMATION PACKAGE (see above) FOR MORE DETAILS..
During ice show rehearsal weeks, there are a few times scheduled for "regular sessions". These sessions are noted in the rehearsal schedule. Sessions are available at no extra charge for skaters at the Intermediate level or higher, so they can continue to work on their skills, dances, and freeskate. Private lessons must be arranged with your coach directly. There are no group lessons or stroking sessions during these times.
Click here to download the costume form. 2018 Ice Show Costume Form.pdf
Costumes are an exciting part of the ice show. Every skater will have at least one; some more advanced skaters will have 5! Fittings for all costumes begin in February and continue all throughout February, March and even April. We will email you when your costume is ready for a fitting. We do not have a master schedule. We do try to schedule fittings close to your regular skating time.
The club and all of its activities run on a not-for-profit/cost-recovery model. In addition to all the great skating and costumes you get to see in the show, we also need to pay for the ice from the City of Markham. Without charging admission, there would be no show. We keep our pricing as low as possible to ensure a nice, large audience for our hardworking skaters.
Ice Show tickets go on sale online at 4pm on March 16th, 2018. We have reserved seating as well as general admission seating on the concrete benches along the side.
"Risers" are built at the lobby end of the ice surface, and chairs (assigned seating) will be on top of the risers. Please click HERE to see our 2018 seating chart. Depending on your seats, ticket prices are either $20 or $25 per seat.
For skaters in the first half of the show who wish to watch the second half, must have a "second half" ticket. "Second Half" tickets are $12. Children 2 and under may sit on the lap of a parent at no charge.
Please see I WANT TO SEE THE SHOW PAGE for more information and a link to the ticket website.
- Absolutely no food in dressing rooms. Additionally, do not eat food while wearing your costume. Water ONLY.
All Pre-CanSkaters & CanSkaters are in the first half of the show only. They are welcome to watch the 2nd half of the show with a parent or guardian from a seat that has been purchased in advance at a special rate.
On show days, there are special dropoff and pickup instructions for these groups of kids. Please see the ice show information package for instructions.
This page shows the order of the skaters' performances within the show:
We love our sponsors! Click here to visit our sponsorship page!